its the inability to obtain an objective as planned.
frustration, followed by anger, followed by a feeling of defeat that once again the objective has not come into fruition as planned. or has YET to come into fruition as planned.
then decision time. time to decide to keep pushing forward in the original direction (try, try again) or. alternate the course of action to ultimately achieve the aforementioned objective (we have all heard the definition of insanity).
so. stay the course? stay the course.
perhaps a change in expectation of fruition is what ultimately needs to be changed.
my lioness raw (aka whip crackin’) may need a tune up.
i’m keepin my eyes on the prize.
Dear Random-Facebook-Friend who has started a Poke War with me,
don’t get pissed via FB chat when I turn you down for drinks on a Tuesday night. let me list the reasons for you:
1. you poked me before we were ever friends.
2. it’s creepy. i have NEVER met you, you could be the next CraigstList murderer (fb style).
3. it was lovely of you to assume i am completely-obligation-free-RIGHT-this-minute. i can see you are very understanding of other peoples time.
4. when i say “lol well I’m gonna have to pass tonight, sorry. I’m actually not drinking for this month… just a fitness goal I want to get to and drinking does nothing to help get me there” i’m ACTUALLY telling the truth.
5. a snarky reply i.e.”ohh ok well u couldve said id show up just to conversate and have some juice or water however cool enjoy” is a sure way to get me to NOT ever:
A. return a Poke
B. return a chat message or
C. think of grabbing “drinks” with you ever again.
the over-protective, MB.
ps. I hate the “word” conversate… the word converse is so much more concise.
For you’re viewing pleasure here is my first, only, and entire conversation:
its holiday party season. so you know what that means…. new shoes, new dress and finding a date.
I can handle getting new shoes and a dress (since I truly have none that fit) but I’m pissed– year after year I STILL have to search for a damn date. And I’m not talking look for a new one… I mean full-on SEARCH! I try different crews, different cities, different ages and… yet… they are all unacceptable for a simple, holiday, party. were talking a 3 hour commitment here.
What is this business?? I can’t find a decent date for three hours in a tie and suit jacket how in the hell am I supposed to find one I could live with the rest of my life? EVEN after all the weight loss– no closer to finding a holiday party date, really!? … ok.
So do I learn the lesson from last year and go dateless rather than settle for a man with a tie a suit jacket? OR find someone who’s free for three hours on dec. 3rd that I can dress up, throw on my arm, smile pretty, pretend we are happy and then drop him off at his mom’s house after he’s had is fill of free corporate-politically-correct-holiday-dinner?